We appreciate the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
We aspire to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the thirteen (13) Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) contained within that Act in the way we handle personal information. This policy explains how we handle personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are members. Nothing in this policy limits any of our other obligations at law.
In this Policy, any reference to “we”, “us” or “our” means JetBlack Cycling and any related or affiliated entity.
1. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) regulates the collection, use, disclosure, quality and security of personal information. The object of the privacy principles is to allow for the open and transparent management of personal information.
2. The Act gives individuals the right to access and correct personal information and to make a complaint in the event that they think their personal information has been mishandled.
3. The thirteen (13) APP’s in the Privacy Act 1988 protect personal information and give individuals rights in the way that APP entities collect and manage the use of personal information.
4. We, as an APP entity, aspire to comply with the thirteen (13) APPs, summarised below under ‘General Principles’. We recognise that personal information is confidential and that unauthorised use or disclosure, or the failure to take reasonable steps to prevent and protect from misuse, interference or loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, may be a breach of contract and a breach of the Privacy Act 1988.
For further guidance on the APP’s please visit the following Office of Australian Information Commission’s website and review privacy guides and factsheets: http://www.oaic.gov.au/
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to, and destruction of, personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
The type of personal information that we collect about you depends on the transactions you undertake with us. For example, we will collect personal information from you if you:
• Purchase products and/or services from us;
• Apply to us for the provision of credit
• Register a product with us.
• Visit our website www.jetblackcycling.com and any associated content and/or hyperlinks or otherwise contact us online;
• Enter any competition that we may run from time to time;
• Became a reseller of our goods and services.
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, we might not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Purpose, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
• Provide the products and services you have requested
• Administer and manage service offerings including charging, billing and collecting debts
• Research and develop our product and service offerings
• Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better product or service
• Provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future product or service offerings
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties. The organisations to which we disclose information may include:
• Entities related to us;
• External credit reporting agencies;
• External service providers to whom we have contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, but only for the purpose of providing the service we have contracted out
• Members of the general public looking for a place to purchase our product but we will only disclose your personal information if you have provided us with your written consent.
• Online and social media advertising providers like Google analytics for the purposes of statistical analyses of aggregate user behaviour, but we will only provide this information for our marketing purposes
• Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law
You may at any time opt-out of certain service offerings.
For more information, please contact us email@example.comData Quality
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-‐to-‐date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
• Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
• Keep us up-‐to-‐date with changes to your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our personnel are trained to treat members’ and other customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality and procedures have been enacted to ensure all computer systems have anti-virus software installed to prevent any hacking or unauthorised access to our computer network.
Individuals will be able to access and request amendment to their personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon request for access or correction of your personal information, we will provide you with access to your personal information or make corrections as directed, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons. Members will be able to access and update their contact details via our website at m2oindustries.com
We will provide notification to the APP entity in the event that a request to grant access to personal information is refused we will provide written notice setting out:
• the reasons for the refusal
• the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal
• any other matter prescribed by the regulations
We collect and use certain types of personal information about people with whom it deals in order to operate. These include current, past and prospective employees, suppliers, trustees, customers, clients, visitors, and others with whom we communicate. Examples of personal information include names, photographs, contact details, gender, and age.
In addition, it may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of personal information to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data (e.g. health and safety statistics).
Personal information will be dealt with properly irrespective of how it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, electronically or recorded on other media.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to successful operations, and to the maintenance of confidence between it and those with whom it deals.
This policy will operate in all locations from which we supply goods and services within Australia. We will ensure that our staff and those acting on our behalf obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end, aspire to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within the Act in the way we handle personal information.
The Policy is available on our website www.jetblackcycling.com and/or by requesting a copy from us at email@example.com
We publish guidelines on how to implement this Policy, and all staff and other individuals will be appropriately trained to handle personal information. We will ensure that anyone wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do.
We regularly review the way it processes personal information in light of compliance with the Act.
When you visit our web site, our site may automatically send you a “cookie”. In addition, third parties, including internet search engines, may access your “cookie” information by visiting our website.
A cookie is a piece of text sent from a web server to your computer, and is used to identify you only by a random number. This information does not personally identify you, but it does tell us that your computer has visited our site and what areas of the site have been browsed.
You can decline cookies by adjusting the “accept cookies” setting in your browser, however this may affect the functionality of the web site.
An individual is entitled to make a complaint about us in respect of an alleged breach of the Australian Policy Principles by contacting us in writing. Upon receipt of such a complaint, we will investigate the complaint and reply in writing to the individual within a reasonable period of time. The validity of the complaint will determine the outcome and the relevant steps needed to be undertaken by us.
If you wish to proceed further with your complaint in relation to an alleged breach of the APP’s you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on this website: http://oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-‐a-‐privacy-‐complaintFurther information on privacy
You can obtain further general information about your privacy rights and privacy law from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
• calling their Privacy Hotline on 1300 363 992
• visiting their web site at http://www.oaic.gov.au/
• writing to:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218
Sign up to get the latest news on our products, special offers & how to get the most from your JetBlack purchase.